Sunday, April 29, 2012

Within My Heart

I didn’t know when I first read Within My Heart that it was the last part of a three-part series.  Whoops.  But, thankfully, it didn’t make the story hard to follow.  In fact I totally loved it.  I loved it so much that I went back and read the first two books, then read this one again.  And, it’s still my favorite of the three.

Book rating:  Best of the Best

Rachel Boyd is a strong, determined mother of two--and widow.  Her husband was killed tragically several years before and she is struggling to make ends meat and to keep her ranch from going under.  She struggles with loneliness, but is sure she can never love anyone as much as she loved her beloved husband Thomas.  Or can she?

Rand Brookston is a dashing young Doctor with dreams of building a good practice and bringing some much needed medical knowledge to the little town of Timber Ridge. 

In the beginning, Rand has feelings for this strong, yet delicate beauty from the South.  But, he gets the feeling there is something about him she doesn’t like, though he can’t put his finger on it.  It’s truly beautiful to watch their relationship grow.  No surprise here—I cried several times throughout this book.  I just thought the message was beautiful and some of the scenes were SO moving.  I just can’t recommend this book enough to you. 

It's not really a “light” book.  So if you need something that isn’t in the least bit sad, you might want to look in another direction.  But really, you won’t be disappointed here.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment