Saturday, April 28, 2012

A Tailor-Made Bride


Mmm, mmm, mmm!  What is the best way to describe rugged manliness?  Two words: Jericho Tucker, baby!  OK, that's three words.
 
Book rating: Best of the Best

Let me tell you about my love affair with this book.  When I read it the first time I only liked it.  I read this directly after I finished To Win Her Heart.  I wasn’t sure if I liked the leading man in this one, since I had been so madly in love with Levi Grant.  But, something made me want to give it another try, and boy am I glad I did!  I love this book (and JT) just as much!

Hannah Richards, the leading gal, is completely wonderful.  She is a talented dressmaker who believes that God has lead her to this little Texas town to start a successful business.  She is confused by the good-looking livery owner who is both kind and cold to her.  When Hannah decides to play match-maker with Cordelia, JT’s sister, things begin to take shape, and unravel all at the same time.

Hannah is a truly delightful character who’s faith and kindheartedness are a joy to read.  This is one of those books that really help me when I need an uplifting escape from the hard realities of life.

Their relationship is so sweet and romantic—which is made even greater by the tension that they go through as their relationship develops.

I loved the unique spiritual message in this book.  So many books focus on forgiveness, etc—and that’s all well and good, but this was so different—just makes me wanna eat it all up!  But you'll just have to read it yourself to find out what that message is, little darlin'. 

Happy Reading!

7 comments:

  1. I just finished this book last night, and I just LOVED IT! This is the first book that I've read from Karen Witemeyer and I've started 'To Win Her Heart'.

    I was curious if you've ever read anything by Julie Lessman? Her books I can barely put down. The story line is really well done and not over the top, but I it doesn't have the 'Christian' element like Witemeyer. It has some, but not a lot. It is a litte more 'touchy feely' than some other Historical Romance books that I've read too. I hesitate to mention it but the storyline is just so good it makes them one of my favorites! Check it out and let me know what you think! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh fun! I can't wait to hear about what you think of To Win Her Heart...it's my favorite of all Karen's books! :) I have a Lessman book, but I haven't read it yet. It's titled A Passion Most Pure. Have you read that one? Thank you for your heads up about it--I appreciate the warning. I tend to feel uncomfortable reading "touchy feely" stuff... I do think that Gist gets a little "touchy" in a few of her books, but I didn't think it was over the top. What do you think?
      Can't wait to hear what you think of this book you are reading now!

      Delete
  2. If you were uncomfortable with Gists' books then you probably wont like Lessmans'. I have read A Passion Most Pure and I loved it. I did get embarassed in some parts because of the 'touchy feely' and I'm married, lol. I just skimmed those parts and got back into the story.

    I've loved all of Gists' books. I had a harder time getting into Love on the Line, but I finished it. I would rate it 'Here a little there a litte', lol. My favorite of her's is probably A Bride in the Bargain, or Maid to Match. I actually thought that Witemeyer's books are fairly close to Gists'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean!! LOL I didn't really feel uncomfortable with Gist, but if it was any more touchy I probably would have. I am glad to know you liked A Passion Most Pure, that makes me excited to read it! Thank you for putting the fire under me to get started! :)

      Delete
  3. When do you read, do you read with an actual book or do you have a Kindle or a Nook? I just recently bought a Kindle Fire (LOVE IT) and I've found this website that emails me everyday with Kindle's daily 'specials'. Books that are either free or greatly reduced. I've gotten several inspirational fiction books free from there. http://www.inspiredreads.com/ If you have a Kindle you might enjoy this site. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, but I actually just get the good old fashioned books. :) I love the feel of books, the smell of books, and I love the pretty covers! It's also my way of trying to stunt the progression of technology I guess. Although my husband is begging me to get a Kindle because it would take up a lot less space! LOL But, I'll keep buying them even if I have to hide them under the bed! LOL But I am glad you told me about the site and hopefully other readers will be able to use it!

      Delete
    2. BTW I wanted to to comment on your rating for Love On the Line. Yes, I do agree that it could be tedious. As much as I seriously loved that book, I found that Georgie's obsession with birds was a bit melodramatic at times. And the end seemed a little flat. I'm glad to know how you would rate it!

      Delete