Sunday, April 29, 2012

A Bride in the Bargain


Could we even begin to count how many HCR titles have the word “bride” in them?  I don’t think so.  But doesn’t everyone get excited when they see the word “bride?  I know I do!
 
Book Rating:  Best of the Best

Oooo, hooo, hooo!!!  This is such a great book. ‘Nuf said.  OK, wait, not really.  There's a lot that needs to be said!  I have read this book three times already and I am positive that when I need another fabulous HCR to get me through a tough week of diaper blow-outs and three-year-old temper tantrums, I will be reading it again!

Anna Ivey is a woman who is very alone in the world.  All of her family has died as a result of the Civil War—and she blames herself for all of it.  So when she hears that the west is in need of women, she signs up to be a cook.  Or so she thinks….

Joe Denton is a (wait, let me take a moment here to prepare your minds for the complete and utter jaw-dropping magnetism of Joe Denton.  Are you ready?  Ok, good.) lumberjack of sorts.  Tall, muscle-bound, wavy blonde hair, perfect teeth and smile, with a fun loving (not to mention caring and totally romantic) personality.  Want more?  Oh, there’s more.  He was married many years ago when he aquired his land, but his wife has since died (also a long time ago) and if he can’t prove he was ever married he will lose his claim.  So he signs up to take a mail-order bride.  But nobody ever told Anna.

Oh, this book is totally fabulous.  You will fall in love with all the characters and you simply won’t want it to end.  Which is why you will read it three times like I did.  The message in this is very sweet and I could have been even happier with a little bit more spirituality throughout the book, but there was enough to satisfy me.  So go find out if it’s good enough for you!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment