Sunday, April 29, 2012

A Lasting Impression


Here is another one of those books that I was reluctant to read.  I thought it was gonna be about something totally different, just because of the cover.  Lame, I know.  Don’t judge a book by it’s cover, right?  Guilty as charged.

Book rating:  Up All Night’er

Claire Elise Laurent is a beautiful, talented young artist who has been forced by the hand of her father to be an art forger.   Weird, I know, but stay with me.  She isn’t at all keen on the idea but what else can she do?  After her father’s gallery is robbed she makes a break for it, and goes to Nashville to begin a new life.  And she does just that—hoping her past will never find her.

In the aftermath of the civil war, Sutton Monroe is trying to get back his family's land.  He is a determined and successful young lawyer who works for the rich and powerful Adelicia Acklen.  Not to mention a very eligible bachelor.  Yum!

When Sutton and Claire’s paths cross the first time, neither of them thought their lives would be so deeply intertwined.  There is wonderful chemistry between these two characters, and this book was very reminiscent of a Jane Austen novel. That of course, is a good thing. 

It’s a very intricate plot, and there are a lot of characters.  If it had been any more complicated than it is I think I would have had a harder time liking it—but again, I’m simple minded.  (Don’t judge.)  It’s set at the Belmont Mansion, which is a real place and even Adelicia Acklen (a prominent character in the book) was a real person.  Alexander does a great job in orchestrating a lovely story with a lovely Spiritual message.  I thoroughly enjoyed it all.

Happy Reading!


4 comments:

  1. I'm reading this right now and I just CAN'T put it down!!! I'm loving the romantic tensions!! Woooweee!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finished this last night and I have to say that this is my favorite Tamara Alexander book by far! When I finished I wanted to pick it back up and read it again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you read To Whisper Her Name? That is the most awsome book and I think her best. I hope you will read and review it if not. It was delicious, kept me up nights, but I tried to pace myself because I did not want it to end. Wonderful romantic tension and the most perfect HERO.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous! I haven't read that book, but I hear its great...since you like it so much I might have to check it out--thanks for the recommendation! I love a good hero! ;)

      Delete