Sunday, April 29, 2012

Head in the Clouds


I love Karen Witemeyer’s books.  Have I mentioned that before?  I love them so much that I have already pre-ordered her next book, Short-Straw Bride, which comes out June 1.  I have an advent calendar that I am using to help me count-down the days until it arrives at my doorstep!  Well, maybe not literally, but in my mind anyway!  Head in the Clouds is a simply marvelous novel.

Book rating: Up All Night’er

Adelaide is a sweet, adorable, petite girl who has recently made a humiliating discovery.  She is looking to escape her past by working as a governess at a remote sheep ranch in Texas.  There she finds a dashing transplant from England named Gideon. He's got it all--looks, charm and that wonderful English accent!  Swoon!!  She is hired to work for him by caring for his daughter, Isabella, who hasn’t spoken a word since her mother died.

This book has a great villain and lots of fun excitement.  The spiritual message made such a difference in my life.  I loved how easily Adelaide seemed to communicate with God and I really felt like I wanted and needed to be more like that.

Gideon is very intrigued by Adelaide’s sweetness and fun-loving nature.  She, in turn, cannot escape his charm.  As their relationship heats up, so does the danger posed by Isabella's money-hungry uncle.  

I loved this book on so many levels.  It was the perfect blend of romance, excitement, and just pure fun.  A great any-time read!

Happy Reading!


2 comments:

  1. I just finished this last night, and it's my favorite by far! I loved the plot, the character's (I'm a sucker for a Birtish accent, lol). I cried when Sheba died and I cried when he bought her another horse! This is just my favorite of the 3 so far! I'm staring on Courting Marrow Little next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you are making me think I need to pick this up and read it again! I am glad you enjoyed it so much!!

      Delete