Monday, May 14, 2012

A Vision Of Lucy


This is the second book that I’ve read which focuses on photography as a budding art form.  (The first one being From a Distance…)  Of the two, I have to say I actually like A Vision of Lucy more.  I know, I know.  The former won a Christy Award.  That's great n'all, but it doesn’t change my opinion in the least.

Book Rating:  Best of the Best

This is the third book in a three-book series, and I read it first. (Don’t ask me why I keep doing that because I seriously don’t know.)  But you don’t have to read them in order for these books to make sense, so that’s the good part.

If you haven’t ever read a Brownley book you are in for a real treat!  Like a hot-fudge-Sunday-with-a-cherry-on-the-top kind of treat!!  Her style is descriptive and playful without being over the top or cheesy.  I smiled my way through this book, and I was sad to see it end.  And that goes for all the books in this series!  I’ve read several series from a few authors and so far, I like this series best.

Trouble seems to follow Lucy Fairbanks wherever she goes.  Not that she’s out looking for it, mind you.  She simply wants to take photos for the town newspaper so bad, she will do anything to get the perfect shot.  It’s on one of these quests that she’s nearly killed by a run away stage coach and is saved by the “wild man” that lives just out of town.  (Um, side note here…you know it’s gonna be a good book if there’s a kiss before you’ve even read 20 pages!  Boo-ya, baby!)

David Wolf is a man torn between two worlds.  (He is also a man that is exceedingly rugged and super-duper good looking!  Just wanted to clear that up in case you were wondering…)  He can’t seem to escape this young woman who brings disaster.  And despite his efforts against it, he finds he is falling in love with her.

All the books in the series are SO romantic, and have a perfect blend of action and just a dash of drama.  LOVE IT!

Happy Reading!
Buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment