Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Inheritance


I was so touched by this story and the message.  It has a very heartfelt, real-life feel about it.  If memory serves me right, this is the first Alexander book I ever read, and I was immediately addicted!

Book Rating:  Best of the Best

Often times when I read these stories I think to myself, “That’s nice n’all, but that would never really happen.”  This story dealt with some very real issues, (ie: the wayword brother) and I was so grateful to see that!

Many times in our lives God allows us to have very difficult challenges—so it is with the leading lady in this story, McKenna Ashford.  McKenna is trying her best to care for and parent her younger brother Robert, who has been in a great deal of trouble in recent months.  She goes to Colorado in search of a new life for them, and what she “inherits” is nothing like what she expected.  She is overwheled with her responsilities, and isn’t sure if she can handle the weight of it all.  Her faith and trust in the Almighty was wonderful!  You will be so inspired, I know I was!

U.S. Marshall Wyatt Caradon is a leading man anyone can love!  He is gentle and kind, yet tough when he needs to be.  So dreamy!!  Wyatt helps McKenna with her difficulties and finds he can leave behind years of hurt by allowing himself a new life with this lovely woman.  The romance of the story was kinda slow in coming, but once it got going there was no stoppin' it!  Mmmmm, yes I think I'm gonna have to pick this one up again this summer!!

The “inheritance” in this book wasn’t really what I thought it was going to be, and I was very moved.  I would read this again and again.  Can’t wait to hear what you think about it!

My testimony of God’s love and grace were strengthened through this book, and I’m sure yours will be too!

Happy Reading!
Buy it!

6 comments:

  1. Amber, I love all the books you have been reading! It is so much easier to read your blog to pick out a book than to hunt and peck thru Amazon! Right now I am reading Homespun Bride by Jillian Hart. Have you read it?
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tami! I'm so happy you like my blog and that it's helpful to you--that's just what I was hoping it would be!
      I have a few Jillian Hart books that I need to review actually. She is a fun writer for sure, with cute stories and a great Christian message. I wouldn't rank her up there with like Gist or Witemeyer but they are great reads. Let me know what you think...
      One of the ones I read was called Calico Bride. Very cute, but there were a few kinda cheesy parts where I had to roll my eyes. LOL
      Hope you are doing well!!
      Amber

      Delete
    2. I agree with your assessment completely. It was a good book but I got tired of reading how good she was and he was. I wanted more tension and kisses!

      Delete
    3. Amber: Have you read Tamara Alexander's book "To Whisper Her Name"? I takes place during and after the Civil War and on the Belle Meade plantation. I heard you have been there before. Just wondering if you have read it. I really liked it!
      Tami Francis

      Delete
  2. I'm a big Tamera Alexander fan. From a Distance is my favorite of hers.

    Nice looking blog background :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne! Thank you very much for checking out my site! What is your review site? I loved Daniel in From a Distance! Great character!

      Delete