Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A Hopeful Heart


I had a hopeful heart when I read A Hopeful Heart.  (Sorry, I couldn’t help myself.) Eh, hem.  And, this being my first read of any Sawyer book, I was pleasantly surprised.

Book Rating: Here a little, there a little

To be completely honest, there were times during this book I found myself getting bored.  Sawyer’s style is very verbose with lots of details.  This made the book drag on a bit for me.  I also felt that it took away from my imagination as a reader, but that’s just personal preference.

Next, I was disappointed in the romance.  There was enough to keep me reading and wondering what was going to happen next, but in the end I was disappointed that I had to wait until the very end of the book for the two love-birds to finally get together.  Exhausting!

Tressa is a young beauty from the east who has been sent by her Aunt to a Herdsman School in Kansas where she will learn to be a ranchers wife.  (I thought the plot was way fun!  I just would have enjoyed more romance.  More romance, people!) Abel is the owner of a ranch near the school and wants nothing to do with the girls from the east—he’s had his heart broken before.  Also, there’s trouble at his ranch and he needs to get to the bottom of it.  Somehow Tressa finds herself in the middle of the problem, and he gets to come to her rescue!  Yay!

There was a twist in this plot that I didn’t really see coming, and I found that to be thoroughly entertaining.  The supporting characters were also fun, while the Christian side of it really shone.

Definitely read this when you are looking for something simple and down-right fun.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment