Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Rekindled


Rekindled is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!  This is the first book in the Fountain Creek Chronicles series and boy, is it a doozy.  I was sucked in from the very beginning. "But you don't have to take my word for it!"  (Yep, that's my not-so-subtle "shout-out” to the best "book review" show ever-- Reading Rainbow.  Hollah!)

Book Rating:  Best of the Best

First off, don’t expect to get through this without crying.  Have a tissue handy….or two… or three.  It’s a beautiful story about—well it’s a story about a lot of things: finding Christ, finding yourself through Christ, forgiveness, and of course true love.  I am really surprised this didn’t win a Christy Award, frankly.  But all the books in this series have won awards or have at least been nominated.  Again, I read these out of order, and I don’t recommend that though it can be done.

Kathryn Jennings is deeply in love with Larson, her husband of ten years.  He loves her deeply as well but, unfortunately, has some serious trust issues.  These issues stem from childhood so you know they’re gonna take some time to get over.  Also, they have not been able to have children, and he blames himself.  Kathryn hopes that someday he will break down his emotional walls so they can enjoy a truly happy marriage.

One night, something dreadful happens to Larson, nearly killing him, and sending him through a rough and lengthy recovery.  In the process he learns a great deal about himself, and about God.  But, there are still some hurdles to get over in his quest to show his wife that he loves her more than ever.

So many times I put down this book and said, “Holy crud!  This is so sad!  I can’t keep reading this!”  Then twenty seconds later I would pick it back up and start reading again….voraciously I might add.

The characters are phenomenal.  The plot, captivating.  The message, fabulous.  Go read it.  Now!


Happy Reading!
Buy it!

6 comments:

  1. Did you not read Revealed or Remembered from Tamera Alexander yet? I noticed you didn't have any reviews for them. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a slacker...I have read Revealed, I just need to get my review up (I have also read The Inheritance...need to do that review too!) and I'm part way through Remembered. Have you read those?

      Delete
    2. No. I've never even heard of Tamara Alexander. After I finish the ones you have posted under Laura Frantz I'm going to start on Tamara's books. I'm just reading everything you have posted on the left side :) Since the only person I've read is Deeanne Gist.

      Delete
    3. Oh totally fun! I'm so happy that you are enjoying these books!! I have "commenting" with you about these books, it's awesome!

      Delete
  2. I just finished this book this morning, and I liked some of it and I skimmed some of it. It was slow in parts for me, but in others I just couldn't put it down. I would definitely read it again, but for some reason it didn't click with me this time. I am looking forward to staring Revealed. It will be fun to continue with the story! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have be honest and say that I agree that it was slow in some parts. And wasn't it so crazy that he never told her who he was until like the VERY end?!?! Crazy. LOL Now I'm curious what you will think about Revealed. I was just about to write my review for that one today. For me, Revealed was the one that just didn't click for me. So, I'm very curious what you will think. Personally, the Timber Ridge books (in my opinion) are far and away a much better series.

      Delete