Sunday, June 10, 2012

Gift from God



Today at church, during the last lesson of the day, I was touched by how people’s God-given talents bless those around them.  One thought lead to the next, and my “mind trail” finished at these HCR books that I love so much.  The women who write these lovely novels are giving us a great gift.  As I read these stories, my testimony of God’s love grows.  My testimony of the scriptures grows.  My testimony of God’s great plan of salvation grows.  I am grateful that I have such a wonderful, wholesome, fun and uplifting hobby to enjoy!  These authors are helping to build God’s great kingdom, and I’m very grateful for that.  It stirs within me a desire to find and use my God-given gifts to also further His work on the earth.

The worlds greatest Author blesses us everyday with the gift of His word in the scriptures.  Through reading these HCRs I find that, in a round about way, they are a companion to my daily study of the scriptures.  For example, I will read my scriptures one morning and feel a certain message from God for me that day.  Then, later on when I am reading one of these books, the spiritual message I get matches what I felt from the Spirit when I was studying the scriptures earlier that day!  It’s amazing!

I know God loves us, and speaks to us all the time.  I’m thankful to have these stories to lift me up and keep me going.

Thank you to all you great authors for sharing your gifts with us, and also to the ladies who communicate with me on this blog and lift my heart on a daily basis.

God Bless you and have a joyous Sunday!



3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the thoughts of your heart, Amber! Very well said. The Lord has given us all talents. . .may we be courageous to share the Lord's love through the gifts He has blessed us with. I am grateful that you share your talent for "blogging"! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful thoughts, Amber! You have a wonderful gift and ministry here with your new blog. I've already felt blessed getting to know you and I know others will, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Laura! I feel the same about you! God bless you and have a wonderful week!!

      Delete