Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Dawn Comes Early


I was addicted to the Rocky Creek series by Brownley.  I thought they were just pure fun and a relaxing, easy read.  So, no doubt I was looking forward to DAWN COMES EARLY.  This book had a lot of great potential, but in the end, it didn’t rank up there with the Rocky Creek books.  I’ll explain…

Book Rating:  Here a little, there a little

First of all, the leading lady Kate Tenney (who is a disgraced dime novelist fleeing Boston to start a new lift on an Arizona ranch) was very lovable, but for some reason I had a hard time connecting with her.

The same also holds true for Luke Adams, the leading man.  I had a feeling I would like him a lot—his name is awesome, he owns a blacksmith shop (which reminds me of Levi Grant from TO WIN HER HEART and I loved that guy…) he comes to the rescue, and he teases her.  I love guys who tease!  Anyway, as amazing as he is, I didn't develop the connection with him (as a reader) as I'd hoped. There was a lot of good romantic tension though--so in that respect you won't be disappointed.

Brownly always includes wonderful Christian elements in her stories and this one was no different.

Her next book in this series comes out in Jan of 2013 and I can't wait!!!!  I do love Brownley as an author, and you may really like this book, even though it wasn't one of my favorites, so go ahead and give it a try!

Happy Reading!
Buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment