Monday, July 7, 2014

Tomorrow's Garden

I've had this on my shelf for a while so it was nice to finally find out what was inside! (Being laid up for a few weeks has a nice way of allowing a reader to whittle down that TBR pile!)

Book Rating: Up All Night'er

I have now read all of Amanda Cabot's books and overall I can honestly say, she is a very fine author. Her style is subdued, often very mild on the romance--and even sometimes a bit slow in the plot department for me--but there really is something to be said for a gentle, easy read and she really delivers there.

Tomorrow's Garden was a nice end to this series. I had really liked the Texas Ranger from Scattered Petals and I was really thrilled to see he was the hero of this book. Lawrence Wood was a very enjoyable hero, though a bit mild for my tastes--I tend to like a hero with more umph. (And by that I'm not honestly sure what I'm trying to say, but I think you might know what I mean, so I hope that's clear as mud for ya. *wink*)

The general story was not unlike many you have read in the past--young school teacher down on her luck and having to care for her younger siblings now that their parents are dead--but having enjoyed the first few books in this series it was fun to get to come back to this town and see everyone again. Do you like that about series books? I love it!

The heroine was kind of an ugly duckling-type--unaware of how attractive she actually was and not really sure why anyone would be interested in her. It took a while for the romance to heat up, and it never got Lessman-worthy, but it was sweet and rounded out the series very nicely.

I almost has more fun reading about the other characters (from previous books) than I did about these two, but that's just me.

If you are looking for something mild, easy on the nerves and a novel you can pick up and put down as needed, this is a great one.

Happy Reading!
Buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment