Monday, July 14, 2014

The Silent Governess

Another one I've been staring at for over a year! FINALLY!

Book Rating: Up All Night'er

Let's get one thing clear. I think the girl on this cover is way too pretty and should never be allowed to do covers again because it's tough on the rest of us ordinary peeps. Are you with me? *wink* Seriously, lovely cover, isn't it? It's one of the main reasons I bought this book.

As for the "inside", it was more enjoyable than I expected. After reading THE GIRL IN THE GATEHOUSE I was kinda wary of reading any more of Klassen's books, but since this one was SUCH a huge hit and an award winner (right?) I had to give it a try.

First of all, I thought this book flowed much better than the Gatehouse book, and Klassen just has an amazing style. So beautiful! As for the characters, I thought Olivia (heroine) was extremely likable, and the hero was great! However, the romance--in my humble opinion--was tepid at best. I wanted MUCH more from them and I thought there were ample opportunities where things could have heated up, but it stayed mild. And for some people that's just what they want, so I guess that's why it is popular.

The plot kept me interested--mostly--, though at times I was temped to skim because I thought it got slow here and there. In the end, to be honest--and even though I gave it my second highest rating--there wasn't anything that made me want to pick it up and keep reading once I put it down.

If you are looking for something worthy of a mini-series, lots of family drama, and episodes of excitement with only slight romance then this one will be great for you!


Happy Reading!
Buy it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment