Friday, February 1, 2013

February's Author of the Month


Greetings to all my fun, and FABULOUS HCR friends! 
So, what makes February such a great month? Well, aside from the fact that I was born in it *teehee*, February is awesome because this month I get to feature a wonderful author--Amanda Cabot!
Her stories resonate with readers because her characters deal with real issues and the romances are so sweet, and develop in a natural pattern. LOVE IT! Her writing style is beautiful and very easy to read. I always savor her novels.

It's an honor to be able to share with you her answers to my questions.


Here you are ladies!!!:


Tell us about Amanda! *wink* Have you always wanted to be a writer?

For almost as long as I can remember, books have been a major part of my life.  I love the fact that in addition to teaching me things, they can transport me to a different time and place.  As a child, I decided that the most wonderful thing in the world would be to be a writer and give others the pleasure that I found in books.  Of course, even then I somehow knew that it would be a difficult way to earn a living, so I took a “real” job, and writing became my second job.  I used to describe it as a case of “for love or money.”  Writing was what I did for love; the day job helped pay the mortgage.  Now I’m fortunate enough to be a fulltime writer.


What's the scripture that gives you the most encouragement when you're writing?

My favorite Bible verse is Joshua 1:9, “Have I not commanded thee?  Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.”  I find comfort in knowing that God is with me wherever I go, and the fact that this is phrased as a command makes me determined to be strong and courageous, although I don’t always succeed.


Where do you get inspiration for the characters in your books?

Almost anywhere.  Do you think I’m kidding?  A snippet of music led to one book, a chance encounter with a carousel horse in – of all places – an interstate rest area led to six others.  Christmas Roses was inspired by a reader saying she wanted to read more about a minor character from Scattered Petals.  I didn’t actually use that character as my heroine, but the comment started the wheels turning.   When my editor asked for a trilogy set in Wyoming, I tried to imagine what kind of women would have come west at that time and decided to tell the story of three sisters.  Though they have very different personalities, they share a common background, which was fun to explore.


What is one fun fact about you that people might be surprised to know? *big grin*

I answered this in another interview and got so many responses that I thought I’d share it with your readers, too.  When I was a college student spending a semester in France, I was introduced to a lot of strange foods.  One day I was delighted because my French mother served what appeared to be hamburgers and fries.  At last, American food!  Imagine my reaction when I learned that the burgers were actually ground horsemeat.




Here's a fun little bio of Amanda as well:

From the time that she was seven, Amanda Cabot dreamed of becoming a published author, but it was only when she set herself the goal of selling a book by her thirtieth birthday that the dream came true.  A former director of Information Technology, Amanda has written everything from technical books and articles for IT professionals to mysteries for teenagers and romances for all ages.  She’s delighted to now be a fulltime writer of Christian historical romances.  Her Texas Dreams trilogy received critical acclaim, and Waiting for Spring, the second in her Westward Winds series, was just released.


Pretty neat, huh, ladies?!  I love learning about these authors. I hope you found this interview entertaining--I know I did.
Now, for those of you interested in a giveaway, I will be doing one in honor of moi. *big cheesy grin* Since my birthday is this month I'll be doing a giveaway...maybe even more, so be sure to keep watching the site and my FB page for details!

Thank you again, Amanda! God bless you!

Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment