Thursday, June 19, 2014

Hope At Dawn

There are so many great things about this story--none of which have to do with the fact that Stacy wrote the hero to look like Chris Evans. Abbbbbbbsolutely nothing. ;)

Book Rating: Best of the Best

We were enjoying a few blissful days on the Oregon coast whilst I was savoring said book--such a perfect read for a vacation. I kept turning to my husband and saying, "Holy cow! This book is amazing!" And I meant it every single time. Not only does this novel have a gorgeous cover, it has a gorgeous story inside, as well.

Stacy Henrie has done a brilliant job with this first book in her Of Love and War series. Livy Campbell and Friedrick Wagner are so delightful and SO REAL that it made the story truly come to life for me. Their romance bloomed just like you would imagine real romances would--delicately, and faithfully over time and I believe that is what sold me on this from page one.

OK, hold on.... I take that back.....

I LOVED the setting as well!!!! I believe this is the first WWI story I have read and it captured my imagination and really got me thinking about a time in history I know so little about. (Then again I am a history nerd, so I get excited about that kind of thing...)

Livy lands a teaching job in a German community--and during the Great War, that was not something to be taken lightly. Soon, everything she thought she knew about family and love is put to the test. Especially when a strapping young German comes into the picture....

Friedrick loves his adopted country of America, though others in the surrounding areas refuse to believe so and continue to threaten him and his family. As his affections for Livy grow--and his for her--will they be able to keep each other safe amidst the turmoil, or will their hearts be broken as their world crumbles around them?

I can't recommend this book enough! I know you will love it--and please let me know what you think after you've read it!!

Happy Reading!!

3 comments:

  1. This book sounds amazing. I keep getting it confused with The Butterfly and the Violin since the covers are similar :) Thanks for your review- adding it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for such a lovely review, Amber! And you totally made me laugh with the Chris Evans comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at "Chris Evans". *rushing out to buy book*

    ReplyDelete