Thursday, June 25, 2015

Rush Revere

Hi!!!

I know a lot of my recent posts haven't been HCR's and I hope you'll forgive me. With the 4th of July fast approaching, I had to share a review of Rush Limbaugh's history series for children.







No matter what you may think of the radio talk show guy, I ask you to push that aside, because these books speak for themselves.

If you have children at home, or if you know of some children who might like these books I couldn't recommend them more highly--they are phenomenal! My six-year-old daughter listens to the audio version of the books every day. I kid you not. Ever. Single. Day. And HOLY COW she is learning so much, I LOVE IT! She is telling me all the "cool" things she's learning about the pilgrims, Paul Revere, Patrick Henry and others. I'm just tickled pink!

The stories are exciting, funny and filled with accurate history in a way that is entertaining and engaging for kids.

So, I know this isn't my usual review (I didn't give it a rating, but it would be a Best of the Best for sure) but I got to thinking that if you are searching for something educational and trustworthy for your kids to enjoy, this is it for sure!

These stories are in print and audio...maybe even ebook, I don't know about that.

Have you heard of these before? Do you think your kids/grandkids/ friend's kids would like them? I almost guarantee they would...but in the immortal words of LeVar Burton, "You don't have to take my word for it."

*teehee*

3 comments:

  1. All those poor maligned Red Coats...

    ....running away now....

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just got our first one - can't wait to read it and have the kids read it. :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen them and wondered if they were good or the stories just hinged on the author's popularity. Glad to know you think they're good! Science and History fiction is my kiddos favorite. (Though she'd prefer science.....not sure how she's mine.... :)

    ReplyDelete