Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Lady at Arms

Oh me...oh life.....

I mean, really?! It's been wayyyyyyy too long since I've written a review--because of life--but friends, never fear. I am saving you from this painful dearth with a review that is sure to have you running for this book.

OK, well, my review might not be that great..... It's really the book Tamara Leigh wrote that's so stinkin' fabulous!

Book Rating: Best of the Best

Lady at Arms!!!! Or otherwise titled, "Ranulf the-hero-I-want-to-read-about-over-and-over". Mmmm mmmm GOOD! (Say it like the old Campbell's commercials...)

Maybe I'm biased. Maybe I'm addicted. Maybe I'm crazy--but either way, I'm very, VERY happy when I read a Tamara Leigh book so I don't care what anyone says. If you knew what was good for you, you'd make sure you had all her books on your kindle, em'kay?!

Lady at Arms is all that medieval deliciousness you've come to expect from Tamara. Magnificent setting, wonderful conflict and to-die-for characters. Lizanne is a great heroine, determined to find her attacker of years past and make him pay. She's tough--and I mean, tough!! (And yet, still with that soft femininity she just can't hide.) But, um, Ranulf is tougher--in all those very perfect, masculine ways. :) She believes she's got her man, but quickly finds herself the captured one and everything she thought she knew begins to unravel.... and oh--that's when all the romance and excitement begins!!

I must tell you.... this book is all kinds of romantic--VERY VERY romantic, yet still clean, which is super important to me and one of the reasons I'm so happy to have found Tamara Leigh. Tons of drama, great characters and just a perfectly delightful, exciting historical Christian novel. The rescue at the end of this story satisfied all my girlish desires! (cue soup commercial again...)

If you are gonna get some snow in the next few days and need something to read whilst you snuggle under a blanket, may I suggest inviting Lizanne and Ranulf over for a visit? I do believe you will be quite happy you did...

Happy Reading!
Buy it!

9 comments:

  1. I want ribbons!! And umm, yeah. Fanning self.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ribbons? Why do I feel like I'm the only one not getting the joke....

      Delete
  2. Oh me, oh my! Need I say it again? Yes, I do--I'm thrilled you enjoyed Lady At Arms. And, as always, I'm loopy over your fun review. Thank you for another wonderful review, Amber!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tamara!!! I am always so pleased to review your novels, they are absolutely wonderful! I can't wait for more!!! Thank you for stopping by, it makes my week!!

      Delete
  3. Amber, we are to the point where you can just say "Review: Tamara Leigh" and we are sold.
    Enough said.
    :)
    Oh, but of course for those who live under a rock and haven't had the pleasure I guess it's good you still do a full review. Because I feel SAD for anyone who doesn't know about her books. Hmm...wonder how much a billboard sign costs?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan--you are right, I should just say, "It's Tamara Leigh!" and readers would get the message right?! LOL I like your idea for a billboard... smart thinking! :)

      Delete
  4. LOVE this book and am sort of hiding my head here while I admit I have read it THREE times! I still crack up laughing everytime she talks about Ranulf "taking the long way around" when she's hanging from the branch. Amber have you read Lady of Eve yet? To.Die.For.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And all God's people said - "AMEN"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It just doesn't get any better than a Tamara Leigh book!! Ok.... maybe a box of chocolate truffles and a Tamara Leigh book - - but that would definitely be the pinnacle of sensual delights!! I can tell when your review is going to be on a TL book - - my computer starts humming - lights start flashing - there's a "sizzle" smell in the air - - yep! it's Amber reviewing a TL book and she's on a "verbal high" giving a wonderous critique of the "queen of medieval romance"! You've done another spectacular job Amber!! And now I'm on my way to the hunt club store - - I want a cross bow for Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete