Thursday, December 27, 2012

Snowflake Bride

Holy romantic tension, Batman!!

Book rating: Here a little, there a little

Ladies, let me tell ya, Jillian hart knows how to write a beautiful story. Her style is full of elegant prose, and like I said before, she can weave romantic tension worthy of Margaret Mitchell! The only thing I found to be a disappointment was the lack of excitement--which of course, being that I'm a drama queen, I must have in an HCR. *teehee*

And so, the absence of good old fashioned drama made the story drag s bit, which is the only reason I can't give it a higher rating. That being said, her other books like Calico Bride are loaded with excitement!!

In this sweet story, Ruby Ballard is looking for work to help her family's farm and serendipitously lands a job at the house of a man she's secretly in love with. Problem is, every girl in town is in love with the dashing Lorenzo and Ruby knows he will never be interested in a poor girl like her. (Can anyone say Cinderella?! That's what this story reminded me of...in a way...)

Lorenzo (hello! love that name!) is SO debonair! Love him! He has been in love with Ruby since he first laid eyes on her, but she will hardly give him the time of day. However, he won't give up that easily, and he strives through the course of the book to "win her heart"...little does he know he already has!

If you prefer a slower pace, this will be right up your alley. I did think the characters were fun and completely lovable. You could easily read this in a day (if your kids don't ever get hungry...) and you will be swooning your way through the book, believe you me.

Happy Reading!
Buy it! (kindle edition)

No comments:

Post a Comment