Sunday, December 16, 2012

Doctor in Petticoats

"Is there a Doctor in the house?!" (Eh hem. I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself...)

Book Rating: Up All Night'er

Aw. My friends, you can't go wrong with a Connealy book. You just can't. I mean, every story is different, and some are better than others, but every one has something about it you can enjoy.

This story is fun, fast and fabulous! Beth McClellan (you'll remember her from Petticoat Ranch) has just gone to school to become a nurse, but she likes to consider herself a doctor--and she's good enough to be one. When she crosses paths with a man named Alex Buchanan--a man who's running from his past--her healing skills take on a whole new meaning.

The protagonists in this story are enjoyable--though different. One thing I liked about this was actually the questions at the end. So if you read this book, read the questions at the end--it will give you good food for thought. One of the questions deals with Alex and what a troubled character he is and why it is that so many women want to help troubled men. Very thought provoking...

Anyway, I did think Alex was a bit too needy of a leading man for me. I prefer the strong, stable type (although with the obligatory weaknesses, etc). And Beth was great too, but I had a bit of a hard time relating to her for some reason. But don't let that stop you from reading it!

The thing I liked most was the side story about another McClellan girl, Mandy. So fun! I can't wait for her story!

Grab your Winchester, and a cup of warm cocoa and enjoy the excitement!

Happy Reading!
Buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment