Thursday, July 5, 2012

A Bride Opens Shop in El Dorado, California


Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls!  Step right up, and be prepared to feast your minds on one of the most delightful new novels of the year!  And one of the most delightful I’ve ever read.  A BRIDE OPENS SHOP, welcome to my top ten!

Book Rating:  Best of the Best

This book won some raving reviews from many authors that I love and admire.  Folks, I am very pleased to tell you that I  whole-heartedly add my own enthusiasm and praise!

My copy of the book arrived in the mail last week—just before I had to prep for and attend a family reunion.  Talk about torture!  *teehee *  I started it--and loved it, but wasn't able to pick it up again until today!  Once I did, I couldn’t put it down.

Elenora Watkins and her daughter Tildy are on their way to be part of a partnership of a mercantile in El Dorado, California.  But when Miles Rutledge finds out his new partner is actually a woman, he rescinds on his original offer.  (He doesn’t realize that was the biggest mistake he’s ever made!)  But, Elenora won’t be stopped.  So, she opens her own shop across the street!  That is where all the fun begins, my friends!

The characters are pure delight, and the story was the perfect balance of excitement and romance.  No “cheese” here, people.  I loved it all!  The way their relationship develops is just what a reader wants—not too fast and not too slow.  Both the leading man and the leading lady are lovable and you see their growth as individual people as well as the growth of their love.  Bravo, Keli!!

Let me say a few words about Miles.  Holy guacamole, ladies!  So dreamy!  He is definitely up there with my top ten guys as well.  Tough, yet gentle.  Rugged and romantic!  Swoon!!  I think I’m going to ask my husband to grow a mustache.  “Oh, Robby dear….?”

You can tell that Keli did her research for everything that went into this story.  It’s beautifully descriptive, and you feel full and satisfied after reading.  You’re gonna wanna go back and read it again though, I promise.

Congratulations, Keli!  I can’t wait until your next book!

Happy Reading!
Buy it!


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful review, Amber. Yay, congrats Keli! I just got an email the other day saying my copy of A Bride Opens Shop is in transit. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanne! Thank you! :) Yes, you will love it. Did I hear something about you having a book coming out as well?!? I need details!

      Delete
    2. It's ALWAYS fun to discover a new author. Fun review, Amber. I look forward to reading Keli's book

      Delete