"How do I love thee? Let me count the ways!"
Oh, honey, you're gonna inhale this book, believe me.
Book Rating: Best of the Best
Nothing will prepare you for the sheer brilliance of this story. The prose, the visuals, the characters, the setting--you will LIVE this novel (yes, live) and you will LOVE every minute of it!
Here are the top 5 reasons you won't be able to put it down.
5. Location, location, location. I've said it before and I'll said it again: there are typically three main characters in a great story--a hero, a heroine, and a setting. A good setting knows when to ebb and flow--it never out-shines and it never under-plays. It stays strong and steady, anchoring the characters as the story goes along. This book, had a fabulous setting!!
4. "Villain, villain, bo-billain, billain. Banana-fana . . ." ok, you get the point. ;) I really liked this novel's bad guy!!! AND I really liked that the third point of view, was actually NOT from the villain, but gave you a great idea of what the villain was doing, etc. Very unique.
3. Tamsen. *sigh* She was fabulous. I enjoyed her immensely. She was sweet and gentle, but tough and courageous at the same time. Three cheers for Tamsen. (And doesn't she have such a lovely name??)
2. Two words: Jesse Bird. *shudder in delight* Can I get a cool cloth, please? Seriously. Who cannot like a handsome, rugged, mountain-man-type hero? Jesse could do everything awesome and manly, and yet he could be romantic and gentle, too. You know you're swooning right now.
1. Page turning, edge-of-your-seat excitement! This book will keep you up and you won't care that you're exhausted the next day. The story/plot is wonderful and I loved the history that Lori wove-in. She is a master storyteller!! I adored her writing style and I have no doubt you will, too.
And here's the best part!! Lori has graciously offered to GIVE AWAY one copy of this book!!!! So, if you want to be entered, leave your name, email addy and a comment and in two weeks (April 17) I'll draw the name of the lucky winner.
PLEASE let me know when you've read this and what you thought of it!!!!