Monday, September 16, 2013

Rebellious Heart

REBELLIOUS HEART, where have you been all my life?!

Book Rating: Best of the Best

I'm pretty sure I haven't ever rated a Hedlund book anything other than a Best of the Best. This is another winner no doubt!!

Here are the TOP FIVE reasons you will love this book:


5: Location, location, location! 
Who can't like pre-RevWar Boston? I mean, really. Talk about endless opportunities for fabulous conflict, right?

4: Character love!
There is something wonderful about this story's characters and the way they are all intertwined. There was no character I didn't really care for, which you sometimes find in even the most delectable novels. Ben and Susanna are marvelous together and their chemistry is so thick you can feel it coming off the pages.

3: Romance 101-501
Jody does it right. She has "romance" figured out from the basic essential components to the minutia that makes your mouth water. I LOVE the scenes in this book where Ben and Susanna are together, because no matter what is happening you feel their attraction growing.

2: History
I am obsessed with all things colonial and have been since I was young. OK, so I'm a nerd, so what. *wink* This story brought to life the colonial era in a way that made you feel the salty air from the beach and smell the apple tansey as it cooked. Jody claims she isn't an expert, but she could'a fooled me. *wink again*

1: Your story ain't nothin' if it ain't got plot:
I thought the plot of this story was beautifully complex and yet I never felt overwhelmed by it as can happen sometimes if there is too much going on. Simply marvelous!! Everything had a purpose--and oh, the drama! Bless my heart, I love intrigue and excitement and drama. A lot!! The spiritual nature of it was lovely as well, and I promise you will not be disappointed on that point either.
It was all there and so magically intertwined, I know you will LOVE this story as much as I did.

Thanks, Jody, for another masterfully written story. *smile*


Happy Reading!
Buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment