Monday, July 15, 2013

Wrangler in Petticoats

These McClellan woman are tough. Frankly, I'm intimidated.

But, I still love 'em. *wink*

Book Rating: Here a little, there a little


Mary Connealy knows how to get to you hooked, that's for sure. There is great action, and GREAT romance, no doubt about it. If you want excellent on-the-edge-of-your-seat stuff, well, look no further.

Sally McClellan is a tomboy who couldn't care less about "girlie" things...until she meets a dashing young artist, Logan McKenzie. Logan comes to Sally's rescue when her traveling party is attacked in the Rocky Mountains, and the two of them try to fight their budding attraction while running for their lives from a pair of "ruthless" outlaws.

Now, how awesome does that sound?

I really enjoyed this story just as I enjoy all of Connealy's books. However, as exciting as it was, I felt a bit overwhelmed. And like I said in the beginning, I really like the McClellan girls--I did from the very beginning when I read Petticoat Ranch, but they are SO tough and what they go through is SO crazy, that sometimes I have a hard time finding a way to bond with them. I don't know, maybe its just me. Also, as far as heroes go, Logan was good, but not my favorite. Not every hero can be Levi Grant, I know that, but I didn't really know why Sally liked Logan.

This is TOTALLY just my opinion here, because I know a lot of people just love these stories. So please, if you love Connealy like I do, then you really need to read all of her stuff because its all good. Not every story is going to be your fave, and that's ok.

Happy Reading!
Buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment