Thursday, May 30, 2013

A Vote of Confidence

I'll cast in my vote for this story. *teehee* (I couldn't help myself.)

Book rating: Up All Night'er

As you know, I like Hatcher's stories. They don't have the typical drama-dripping, edge-of-your-seat kind of romantic tension that I typically devour, but they have a simple charm that I enjoy.

This is one of the stories in the Sisters of Bethlehem series, and it has the least amount of "excitement" per se, however the characters were likable and the Christian message was very sweet.

Gwen Arlington is a kind, independent woman living in the quaint town of Bethlehem Springs. She teaches piano and writes for the local newspaper--and she's happy with the quiet life she leads--until she feels God calling her to...run for mayor!! And in 1915, that's going to be a challenge!

Morgan McKinley needs to finish his health spa--and he's sick of the delays! Running for mayor is sure to help him with his dilemma.

Now, can you see where the conflict is gonna come in? *wink* It's great fun and I'm sure you will like it, too. This isn't the kind of story that will absorb you shoes-and-all, but it is something you can fly through pretty quick.

Happy Reading!
Buy it!




No comments:

Post a Comment