Monday, October 15, 2012

Twice Promised


This novel is very cute, but you wanna know what I liked the most? The title! (And as a side note, I very much dislike “faces” on the covers of books, but I really thought this girl looked like how they describe her in the story. Very pretty.)

Book Rating: Up All Night’er

I just really, really love the title of this book! TWICE PROMISED. Perfect!

This story comes right after DEEPLY DEVOTED and in that book you became acquainted with Greta Olsen, the lovely young sister of Catherine Olsen. (I have a feeling Anna’s story will be next, but I could be wrong. She’s the youngest sister by the way…*wink *)

Greta was madly in love with a man named Bryan in the previous story, but at the beginning of this book we find out that he died. Very sad. Greta saw how well the mail-order-bride thing worked out for her sister, so she gives it a try herself. Little does she know there is another woman who's come to Central City, Colorado to marry the same man! And, she knows even “littler” than that, that the man she came to marry is the brother of the man she just lost! Hooo! Crazy, huh?

I thought this story was just plain cute. I can’t think of any other word that describes it as well. You actually get to follow two couples as they fall in love—the more romance the better, right? That being said, I thought the actual romance was a bit slow at times and for some reason I had a hard time becoming very attached to the characters as adorable as they were.

Jess (the main leading man…Zach was the other one, but I won’t go into detail on him) just didn’t do it for me. I know that all leading men can’t be the same or these books would get real boring, real fast (or would they?…hmmm…Drew O’Connor…). Eh hem. I digress. There wasn’t much about him that I found appealing. I think Brendan wanted to describe how much he needed a woman’s influence in his life, but for me he came across as messy, forgetful and disorganized. So, that was a bit of a disappointment, but wasn't a complete turn-off.

Overall, very enjoyable read and I do recommend it.

Happy Reading!
Buy it!

*Thank you to Revell for the free review copy*

5 comments:

  1. I have only read one christian historical romance book and really enjoyed it. I prefer the romance and I usually skip through the "love" scenes anyway! Thanks for providing such a great resource.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Alex! I'm glad you stopped by! I think you will enjoy these books and I hope that my reviews will help you find something that fits your tastes. God Bless!

      Delete
  2. Amber, your reviews are always so fun :) The title is so sweet and I LOVE this cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very hard for me to pick just one so I will say that all of her characters are my favorites.
    Thanks for entering me in the contest.
    Janet Estridge
    von1janet@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janet!

      Thanks for stopping by! You will need to comment on this months Author of the Month post to be entered, just so you know! :)

      Delete